Thursday, July 31, 2008

Departure for America

I was travelling with my wife and two kids , 3 and 6 yr old , so there wasn’t much stuff to carry , Americans are not fussy about clothes they only had to be lean so a bunch of wrinkle free cotton tousers and a handful of t-shirts were my best friends , my kids are usually wearing shorts and t-shirts and my wife having pity on me also carried a few less clothing with all fitted in only two suitcases ready for 21 days of office free vacation .
On the tech site I was carrying my trusty Nokia N95-8gb , Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard , Camelion Rapid Battery Charger and my Olympus 550 UZ 18X Optical Zoom digital Camera with 2 gb XD Card , didn’t carried my laptop , a Dell Vostro 1310 , as I read that the laptop could be subject to search for contents and could be seized for further investigations .
Came the evening of 9th July , my flight was by Etihad from Karachi to Abu Dhabi followed by a 13 hr connecting flight direct to JFK - New York . At Karachi airport , the security was at high alert due to recent bomb blasts in the city but the airport authorities were very quick in their procedures and we passed them like breeze , Etihad was very cooperative at the checkin and everything went smooth and I boarded the plane which left on time at 11:59 pm on 9th July 2008 .

No comments:

http://chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=schawlaf