Friday, February 29, 2008

Livin’ la Nokia

I’m a Nokhead , crackhead Nokia addict, I cannot spend a day without my N95 8GB , I start my day with checking the emails Emoze has downloaded during the night to ending my day watching latest theatrical releases via SmartMovie on it’s 2.8″ screen coupled with my trusty decade old Sony MD 30 headphones . During the day it acts as my secretary with GCalSync to manage my appointments to communicate with my business associates on FRing , editing my office files on the go with QuickOffice to listening to the world on Internet Radio . It’s sensible enough to filter my calls through MobieGenie and knows not to disturb me during meetings using Auto Pofiles . It can find my favorite song even if I can only humm it thanks to Midomi and sending my snaps which I have taken using it’s 5MP Camera geotagged by Location Tagger and internal A-GPS ( Assisted GPS ) to my Flickr account via Shozu .

It’s also my perfect travel companion , on the plane I can choose from my library of some 500 + books and read them on MobiPocket Reader while on ground I can find the current currency exchange rates , five day weather forecast on Worldmate , find my way around the city with Nokia Maps and Google Maps while my family and friends can track my whereabouts on Nokia Sports Tracker .

Once in a blue moon if I forget it home , it does not let me get away from it and I can access my call data , contacts even see and send SMS in realtime through my phone using Mymobilesite web server

I can go on and on about it but I think this gives you the idea how much I’m dependent on my phone in my upcoming posts I’ll further share how I’m using technology in my life and actively making myself dependent on it .

Long Live my Nokia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Farhan!

I've been reading your blog since the days when you were using nokia E61, and I followed your journey with Nokia N95 8GB also.

Today I was reading a popular Pakistani webssite www.telecompk.net and saw a post which was an exact copy of your blog post. Some guy called Saleem Khan has written a guest post in a very popular website. Just wanted to know if Saleem Khan is you?

If Saleem Khan is not you, then this is very disturbing that people like Saleem are stealing posts from other people's blogs. You should complain to telecompk.net and tell them to give credit to you.

http://telecompk.net/2008/07/11/living-la-nokia/

http://chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=schawlaf