Sunday, December 21, 2008

Using Your Nokia for Business

Lately I’ve been meeting people who have one of the best phones in E and N series but still using them for phone calls and Camera purposes only with a few using them for email and social networking like Facebook .

As an avid Nokia E71 user and also a Pharmaceutical Marketer by profession , I try to use my phone to it’s full potential and would like others to do so for this I’ve created this handy reference for those who want to make the most of their phones.

Quick Office :  A Handy standalone application already installed in almost all new Series60 version 3 Nokia devices .  It acts as a handy document reader , editor and creator .  With programs as WorkSheet , Documents and Presentation , you have nearly all components of Microsoft Office in your hand . 

The pre installed version is compatible with Office 2003 and  soon to be available  version 6 supports   Office 2007 .

Personally I use Quickword and Quick Sheets for my official use , nothing beats Powerpoint to make presentations .  In Quick Word , I type out letters on the go and finalize the files on my laptop once I reach my office . 

In Quick Sheets , I use it as to control my financials from my bank account balancer to my credit card usage tracker and my expenses  and also maintain sales record on the go. With the ample screen size of E71 I easily use the small cells for data .

 Calcium : a calculator for everyday use  an easy to use interface with minimum clicks I use it to make calculations on the go , it’s much better then Nokia standard Calculator as it uses minimum of clicks

Calendar :     My personal secretary  , I use Nokia inbuilt Calendar to keep track of my appointments , with seamless integration with my Google Calendar through GCalSync which in turn sync itself with my Outlook Calendar  my calendar is always updated and also shared with the few I want to share it on Google Calendar .  I also use the Calendar as a todo list for a particular day and it helps  alot in meeting deadlines .

Nokia Messaging :

Nokia has recently introduced Nokia Messaging as part of their Ovi Suite of “ Experience “  Applications , The best part about Nokia Messaging is that it acts like a Blackberry without device bindings i.e. I can use it on any Symbian  phone . The software is quick , my gmail desktop pings later , my phones informs me before about email arrival .  The features it lacks are non usage of Phone’s external memory and lack of HTML but Nokia is aware and working on it.

Worldmate :

Need a quick look at weather be of your own city or across the world , what about the fx exchange rate ,  Worldmate is there to inform you for free and if you pay will even inform you of flight timings and delays .

HotelZon

Arrived in a strange place looking for a hotel just look at the Sky , HotelZon through GPS will find your location , find out the nearest hotels with room rates and contact details even option of booking the room all with the click of the button

Slick :

be it MSN , Yahoo , AOL or Jabber , communication brings us closer , if you are like me much of my business is done on MSN chatting with my suppliers and getting real time info , now Slick offers a free solution to be always connected on the go , so wherever you are , your’e chat is with you .

Nokia Webserver :

makes your phone a web server and gives you access it whereever there is Internet .  logon to your account and your phone be it in the next room or half way across the world is there with you providing your complete phone book    , call logs , even takes pic of the surrounding and send it over all controlled by through the web

Wireless Presenter :

A nifty way to present your presentation , I often connectmy laptop through bluetooth to my phone and control presentations through it with access  to my notes even presentation slide snap shot all in my hands and looks good on the boss too :)

These are just a few applications I use if i keep on writing I can go on for hours so I’ve compiled this basic list , if you have got some specific needs do contact me I’ll try my best to inform you of what you require .

Managementingly

Farhan

No comments:

http://chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=schawlaf