Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 3 - New York City

Ok I know it's been 20 days since I last blogged and wrote about my travels but see I came home after 21 days joined office after 21 days and there was a lot to be done , now I'm finally free for some time so I can contine
day 3 NYC Saturday - ahh beautiful morning of a blissful day , today I was feeling a little full 'o cash so i treated my wife and kidsat Starbucks for breakst which backfir
ed badly , first the tea was not what my wife was used to , hey Masala Chai is different from regular Earl Grey and as much as I hate tea , i drank it ( read it was my bucks on the line ) , the corrisant was not that great and we left the place early and headed towards the NY Sights bus , the night before as I mentioned , I purchased 48 hrs bus ticket including tours etc so we had to use so we took the bus to Macy's , we shopped enjoyed the early bird special and later went to Chealsea where I took my wife to TJMAXX , it was not great as I used to go to one in Westland Michigan and wasted some bucks there , later she stumbled upon Nine West and after a while we headed towards where the bus has dropped us to catch our ongoing downtown tour . On the way , we felt hungry and I got us some chips , drinks and Vitamin water for myself from a Deli where a trio od Indian women were sitting in full sari and jewellery discussing god knows what .
We litrary hd to run after the bus when we arrived near the station but the driver was very understanding and he waied for us , the tour was nice , we saw SOHO , NYC pier and in a while got dropped off at our hotel . One thing which I noticed was no one wanted to get off the bus during the whole tour so what we thought will take hours , the tour ended in 2 hrs . We reached our hotel dumped the stuff , had lunch at burgerking where i discovered free wifi and headed towards m&m world
The kids were crazy there , it was like a dream come true for them with m&m in all different colors and they got their heartfill .
Later in the evening we had a dinner planned with one of my good friends who I have met only once before in my life and knew her for more then 10 years , she especially flew from Toronto to meet me and invited us over to Jersey City but we later on settled on at Rockerfeller .
Rockerfeller center , words cannot describe it's beauty and the restaurant in between was awsome and very accomodative . as my wife and friend settled for vegies , my son taha fell asleep , while zohra was having fun , i ordered prawns but at the last moment before serving the waiter told me that it has bacon bits on top and got me a second plate on my refusal to eat it . the fountain , the music ( all 90's song i grew up with ) and people were magnificinet later in the night we said our good buys and went back to the hotel and fell asleep
The pics are at my flickr account at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/farhan

No comments:

http://chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=schawlaf